End User License Agreement
Consent and Modification
Children’s Data Privacy
Collection of Personal Information
We do not currently require that you provide Personal Information in order to have access to general information available on the Site. We do, however, receive and/or collect Personal Information from you in the following ways:
- Account. In order to use certain functionalities that we offer via the Service, you may be required to create an account (“Account”). If you create an Account, you will be required to provide us with certain information, such as your name, e-mail address, and phone number, as well as a password that you will use to log in to your Account. We may also request that you provide additional Personal Information as part of the Account registration process and in the course of defining your Account settings. We may also collect certain information in connection with your ongoing use of your Account and/or use of the Services including but not limited to user preferences and interests. You may use our “remote device control” in order to connect to your user account from other devices in order to change the configurations, preferences, and details included in your Account.
- ‘Contact Us’ Information. If you contact us, whether by submitting an online form that we make available or by sending an email to an email address that we display on the Site or in the App, you may be required to provide us with certain information such as your name and email address.
- Location Data. We may provide certain location-based services (“Location Services”) in connection with the App that are dependent on data related to the geographic location of the device on which the App is installed (Respectively, the “Device” and “Location Data”). If you choose to participate in these Location Services, you agree that we may collect or obtain the Device’s Location Data. You may be able to use the settings on your Device to turn off location-sharing features.
- Log Files. We may make use of log files. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, type of browser, date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, filtering actions, clicked pages and any other information your browser may send to us. We may use such information to analyze trends, administer the Services, track user’s movement around the Services, and gather demographic information.
- Mobile Device Data. We may collect limited information from the Device for the purpose of providing the App and its functionality. Such information may include the Device type, Device ID, date and time stamps of App use, Device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request activity and requested URL. In addition, we may deploy tracking technologies within the App to help us gather aggregate statistics, but we will not use Personal Information for such purposes.
- Installed Applications. We may collect information about the applications which are installed in the Device in order to provide our services.
- Telephone Log Information. To the extent that you have expressly agreed to provide us such data, we may collect and process certain information regarding phone calls received and/or sent by the Device, in order to provide our services.
- Customer Support Recordings. We may collect, process and record any Personal Information you may provide when you contact our customer support (e.g., via telephone, email, or other communication tools), in order to help you resolve any issue or malfunction you have when using our Services, as part of our contractual (or pre-contractual) obligations to you.
- Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies. Our Services may utilize “cookies”, anonymous identifiers and other tracking technologies in order for us to provide our Services, to present you with information that is customized for you and improve your user experience while using the Services. A “cookie” is a small text file that may be used, for example, to collect information about activity on the Services and to recall certain information previously provided (such as for the purpose of identifying you when you access the Service). Certain cookies and other technologies may serve to recall Personal Information, such as an IP address, previously indicated by a user. Most browsers allow you to control cookies, including whether or not to accept them, as well as allow you to remove them. You may set most browsers to notify you if you receive a cookie, or you may choose to block cookies with your browser.
Use of Personal Information
We may use Personal Information that we collect as set forth above in the following ways:
- To provide our Services, to operate and improve our App and Site and the services included thereunder, and to develop new services.
- To communicate with you in connection with the Services and certain services that you may have registered for, and to identify and authenticate your access to the parts of the Services that you are authorized to access.
- We may use your designated email address or your mobile phone number to: (i) send you certain service-related communications such as welcome letters, billing reminders, information on technical service issues and security announcements, (ii) to notify you of future changes or updates and, (iii) to respond to a support or administrative request (for example, to change your password).
Sharing of Personal Information
We may share Personal Information in the following cases:
- We may share Personal Information with our local and/or foreign affiliates and subsidiaries for the purpose of assisting in processing Personal Information and providing our Services.
- To the extent that you have registered for our Services via a managed services provider (the “Manager“), and have requested to provide access to your Account to such a Manager, we may share Personal Information with that Manager.
- We may share Personal Information if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to: (i) meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request; (ii) enforce the Terms of Service or EULA, including investigation of potential violations; (iii) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, and/or (iv) Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Canopy, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
Use of Anonymous Information
We may use Anonymous Information (as defined below) or disclose it to third party service providers in order to improve our Services and enhance your experience with the Services. We may also disclose Anonymous Information (with or without compensation) to third parties, including advertisers and partners. “Anonymous Information” means information which does not enable identification of an individual user, such as aggregated information about the use of our Services.
The security of Personal Information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards, including the use of appropriate administrative, physical and technical safeguards, to protect the Personal Information of our users, including encryption of data when appropriate. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use reasonable acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security or confidentiality. If you have any questions about security on the Service, you can contact us at email@example.com.
You may choose not to receive future promotional, advertising, or other Services-related emails from us by selecting the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each email that we send. Please note that even if you opt out of receiving the foregoing emails, we may still send you a response to any “Contact Us” or other support or administrative requests generated by you (for example, in connection with a password reset request) that are necessary to facilitate your use of our Services.
At any time, you may choose whether or not to provide or disclose or enable the disclosure of Personal Information. If you choose not to provide mandatory Personal Information, you may still visit parts of the Services but may be unable to access certain features, options, programs, offers, and services that involve our interaction with you.
Merger, Sale or Bankruptcy
In the event that we are acquired by or merged with a third-party entity, or in the event of bankruptcy or a comparable event, we reserve the right to transfer or assign Personal Information in connection with the foregoing events.
Last Updated: June 2020