Parenting has never been considered easy. But digital parenting? Digital parenting is a phrase that didn’t exist only a few decades ago, and it’s not exactly making things simpler. In fact, 66% of parents say that “parenting is harder today than it was 20 years ago, with many in this group citing technology as a reason why.”
So what is a parent supposed to do in the digital age? Unplug entirely and go back to using a rotary phone? Or let it go unfiltered, feeling a little like you’re sending your kid into the digital wild west? The good news is that it doesn’t have to be one or the other. Technology is amazing, and it is possible to realistically parent in the digital world, just like you do in the real one.
The landscape has changed, but so has the technology that gives you tools to help your children thrive. And we want to do more than that. We are here to help you figure out what conversations you can have with your child to prepare them to be responsible, wise, and healthy tech users.
We’ve created a free, downloadable guide to help you navigate digital parenting with 5 practical sections:
- Choosing the best device for your child
- Preparing your child to engage with the digital world
- Equipping your child on how to respond when they encounter online dangers
- Helping your child thrive by implementing Internet parental controls
- Completing a Family Technology Agreement together