Canopy is on a mission to inspire a world of healthy tech users.
The Internet is amazing. It’s a vital part of modern life—an insight that became all the more evident this year as the world went virtual in an instant. It has revolutionized so much about how we live, learn, work, and explore. And with all its potential, the Internet also has introduced some undesirable challenges that make it harder to safeguard our families from unwanted encounters and harmful content.
We launched Canopy to help families regain control of their Internet experience.
Our software is the culmination of years of research and development guided by experts in technology, medicine, and public health. We envision a world in which search engines, marketers, and anonymous strangers can’t dictate what your children see online.
We know that the digital world is full of excitement and possibility for kids. For parents, it’s uncharted territory. By ensuring that kids can explore and socialize safely, no matter where their online adventures take them, Canopy aspires to change the way families interact with the Internet.
Canopy’s game-changing technology
To deliver on this vision, our team has devoted the past ten years to developing world-class, patented technology that is as dynamic as the modern Internet. At a high level, Canopy permits families to enjoy the good of the online world without the bad.
Leveraging advances in artificial intelligence, machine learning, and real-time scanning, we can deliver a healthy, pornography-free Internet experience.
With the launch of Canopy, we are rolling out a product with some ground-breaking features:
- Real-Time Scanning || Canopy uses patented technology to scan websites in milliseconds, detecting explicit content in real-time. Thanks to this advance, we are not dependent on a potentially out-of-date catalog of bad sites.
- Proactive Blocking || Canopy seamlessly removes nudity and pornographic images and videos before children access them. Our solution prevents exposure in the first place.
- Precision Removal || Canopy can filter within websites, extracting only the bad while still serving up the good. This enables parents to bypass the blunt, all-or-nothing approaches that block too much or too little.
- Sexting Prevention || Canopy has the ability to scan and analyze photos taken by the device’s camera and can flag those that might be inappropriate.
- Tamper Proof || Canopy’s sophisticated anti-tamper measures prevent the app from being removed or disabled without parent notification.
Canopy’s guiding principles
We set out on a mission to build a solution that works for you, not against you. At each step, we have been guided by four core beliefs:
- Technology is a good, amazing thing. || With the right guidance, every child can develop healthy tech habits to last a lifetime.
- Some content isn’t for kids. || Inappropriate content is too easy to find or accidentally see. It’s both responsible and healthy to protect children from exposure to it.
- Open communication is important. || Technology for families should bring parents and children closer together by encouraging trust and transparency.
- Families are better together. || By helping parents and children overcome the challenges of the digital world together, they can forge healthier relationships.
The Road Ahead
We are just getting started. As we go forward, we aspire to emerge as a trusted source of technology, wisdom, and community. Already we are developing some exciting new features and working to make our current product even better. We are recruiting a network of experts to provide counsel on the ever-changing challenges of navigating the digital world. And perhaps most importantly, we are convening a supportive community of families who share a common vision for a better Internet experience.
We hope you will join us on this journey and allow us to partner with you as you seek to protect those you love most.
As a first step, you can sign up for our newsletter to receive helpful tips, insightful stories, and expert resources. And of course, you can also begin your free trial of Canopy today.