Parenting in the digital world just like you do in the real one has some similarities. As your kids grow up and mature, you give them more and more privileges and freedom. You may have decided that your kids are old enough to have access to the family Amazon Prime Video account on their own, so how do you ensure that they won’t land on a video you don’t think is appropriate for them? Amazon Prime Video parental control is the answer.
Amazon Prime Video Parental Control: Steps to take
Parental controls are easily accessible through your account. Simply follow these steps to protect those you love most.
- Log on to your Amazon Prime account
- Hover over Account & Lists in the upper right corner
- Choose Account in the dropdown menu
- Under Digital content and devices, select Prime video settings
- Choose the Parental Controls tab
From there, follow the prompts. You will need to create a PIN to bypass Amazon Prime Video parental control, and then you begin by deciding whether or not to restrict purchases.
They provide the following rating options:
- G || Videos suitable for general audiences are available.
- 7 || Videos suitable for general audiences and older children are available
- 13 || Videos suitable for general audiences, older children, and teens are available
- 16 || Videos suitable for general audiences, older children, teens, and young adults are available.
- 18 || All videos, including those not rated or for mature audiences are available.
The final prompt allows you to choose to what devices these settings apply and whether or not you will allow them to be applied to a web browser. You can select specific devices that are used by your child and partner with Canopy to keep them from any potential workarounds (keep reading!).
Canopy and Amazon Prime Video parental control make great friends
When you are setting up parental controls on Amazon Prime Video, consider who you want to access content without these controls.
If your kids have their own devices, you can make the restrictions apply to them on the Amazon Prime Video app on those devices and then block the URL with the Website Management tool in Canopy on their devices only. That way, you can still access videos and shows without the restrictions on a web browser or the app on your devices.
If your kids watch videos primarily on web browsers, then you can simply make the restriction apply to that access, and you can leave the restrictions off of your own devices where you use the app. If you do that, then you would need to block access to the app in Canopy’s App Management tool on the devices your kids use.
More parental control resources
- How Parental Controls Can Help Protect Those You Love Most
- 5 Tips for Talking with Your Kids About Parental Control Apps
- How to Set Up iOS Parental Control (Apple)
- How to Set Up Android Parental Control
- How to Set Up Netflix Parental Control
- Is Discord Parental Control Possible?
- Is Snapchat Parental Control Possible?
- How to Set Up Hulu Parental Control
- What About TikTok Parental Control?
- How to Set Up Apple TV Parental Controls
- Are There Instagram Parental Controls?
- How to Set Up HBO Max Parental Control
- How to Set Up Peacock Parental Controls
- How to Set Up Disney Plus Parental Control
- How to Set Up CBS All Access Parental Controls
- How to Set Up Windows 10 Parental Control
- How to Create a Gmail Account for a Child
- Parental Monitoring Apps: How Filtering Can Work for Your Family