Peacock TV launched in July 2020 as an “on-demand subscription home for NBCUniversal movies and shows.” You might be wondering… what is it, and are there Peacock parental controls?
What is Peacock TV?
According to the App Store and Google Play, Peacock TV streams “current hits, hundreds of movies, thousands of episodes of TV shows, and exclusive Originals – plus timely news, live sports, and daily pop culture.” One way it’s become popular is by being the only streaming service that has The Office.
Users can register for a free account with nothing more than a name and an email, and there is no age verification. Customers of certain providers, such as Xfinity and Cox, may have access to Peacock Premium at no additional cost. A monthly subscription with ads is $4.99 per month, and for $9.99, users may watch all it has to offer with nearly no advertisements.
What’s it rated?
In the App Store, it’s rated 12+ (age 12 and older), and the rating on Google Play is “teen” (age 13 and up). As with most apps and free services, there’s no way to verify the age of someone.
How to Set Up Peacock parental control
YES! Peacock parental control is possible. Follow these simple steps to choose the settings that work best for your family. Note: You must be logged in through the web browser; Peacock parental control settings are not available through the app.
- Log on to your Peacock TV account
- Tap your profile photo in the upper right corner
- Select the Settings tab
- Scroll down to Parental Controls and toggle it ON
- Choose the age restriction appropriate for your family
- Set a Parental Control Pin that will be required to watch anything with a rating higher than your specified selection
Once the parental controls are in place, you may allow a child to use the account knowing they can’t access anything that isn’t appropriate. The parental control setting you choose applies to the entire account; you cannot set up multiple profiles with different privileges.
For example, if you have an older teenager and a pre-teen, you may choose to restrict both from seeing content rated for adults only (TVMA, R, NR, and NC17). However, you are not able to allow the older child access to content that is appropriate for their age (TV14, PG13) without making it accessible to the younger child.
You can choose from the following ratings:
- Little Kids || TVY: Programming is designed to be appropriate for all children.
- Older Kids || TVY7, TVY7-FV, TVG, G: Programming is designed for children ages 7+. May contain some fantasy violence.
- Family || TVPG, PG: Programming may contain material that parents find unsuitable for younger children.
- Teen || TV14, PG13: Programming may contain material that parents would find unsuitable for children under 13 years of age.
- Adult || TVMA, R, NR, NC17: Programming is designed for adults (ages 18+).
Can a Peacock TV account be shared?
Yes, one account can be shared throughout the whole family. However, only three devices can be in use at one time.
Are downloads possible?
Currently, it is not possible to download movies and shows to watch later on Peacock.
How does Canopy work with Peacock parental control?
Canopy works well with Peacock TV and the parental control available.
If you would prefer your child never uses the app or visits the website, simply use the App and Website management tools to cut off Internet access to the app and block the URL permanently. If you are OK with them accessing Peacock TV at times, you can simply choose those settings when appropriate.
Sign up to try Canopy for free today!
More parental control resources
- How Parental Controls Can Help Protect Those You Love Most
- 5 Tips for Talking with Your Kids About Parental Control Apps
- How to Set Up iOS Parental Control (Apple)
- How to Set Up Android Parental Control
- How to Set Up Netflix Parental Control
- Is Discord Parental Control Possible?
- Is Snapchat Parental Control Possible?
- How to Set Up Hulu Parental Control
- What About TikTok Parental Control?
- How to Set Up Apple TV Parental Controls
- Are There Instagram Parental Controls?
- How to Set Up HBO Max Parental Control
- How to Set Up Amazon Prime Video Parental Control
- How to Set Up Disney Plus Parental Control
- How to Set Up CBS All Access Parental Controls
- How to Set Up Windows 10 Parental Control
- How to Create a Gmail Account for a Child
- Parental Monitoring Apps: How Filtering Can Work for Your Family