Video-streaming services provide so much great content for families, but there’s also some content on those platforms that you may prefer your child does not see. Different shows and movies are appropriate for different ages. Fortunately, with Hulu parental control, you are able to parent in the digital world just like you do in the real one, especially if you allow access to the family Hulu account without parent supervision or from a device that your child has.
(Netflix also has helpful parental control, if you use that service, too).
Hulu Parental Control: Creating a Kids Profile
You can create up to six profiles on a Hulu account from the main account that is created during the sign-up process.
When you set up the profile, “toggle the Kids switch ON to make it a Kids Profile.” This will limit access for those users to content on Hulu’s Kids Hub only. Users marked as kids will only be able to change their user name, not any of the other settings.
The following steps are provided in Hulu’s Help Center.
- Hover over the name in the top right corner of the page, and click Manage Profiles
- Click (+) Add Profile
- Fill out the required fields, then click Create Profile
- Tap the Account icon
- Select your name to open the Profiles page
- Tap (+) New Profile
- Fill out the required information, then tap click the Create Profile button
- Select (+) New Profile from the Profiles screen when you first open the app
- If you’re already in the app, go to Account > Profiles > (+) New Profile
- Enter the required information, then select Create Profile
Canopy and Hulu Make Great Friends
Using both Canopy and Hulu parental control will protect those you love most. With Canopy, you can determine if they are allowed to access the app or website on their individual device, and when needed, you can choose to give them a break from endless videos. When your kids are using Hulu, you can be confident that they are only able to see movies and shows that you decide are appropriate for them.
More parental control resources
- How Parental Controls Can Help Protect Those You Love Most
- 5 Tips for Talking with Your Kids About Parental Control Apps
- How to Set Up iOS Parental Control (Apple)
- How to Set Up Android Parental Control
- How to Set Up Netflix Parental Control
- Is Discord Parental Control Possible?
- Is Snapchat Parental Control Possible?
- What About TikTok Parental Control?
- How to Set Up Apple TV Parental Controls
- Are There Instagram Parental Controls?
- How to Set Up HBO Max Parental Control
- How to Set Up Peacock Parental Controls
- How to Set Up Amazon Prime Video Parental Control
- How to Set Up Disney Plus Parental Control
- How to Set Up CBS All Access Parental Controls
- How to Set Up Windows 10 Parental Control
- How to Create a Gmail Account for a Child
- Parental Monitoring Apps: How Filtering Can Work for Your Family