Disney Plus offers a wide range of content for viewers of all ages, and as a popular streaming platform, it recognizes the importance of providing parental controls to ensure kids are watching age-appropriate content.
In this guide, we will take you through the basics of Disney Plus Parental Controls and how they can help you maintain a safe viewing environment for your family.
Expect to learn:
- Set Up Disney Plus Parental Controls Via “Kids Profiles”
- Set Up Disney Plus Parental Controls Via “Content Ratings”
- Set Up PIN Settings to Manage Access
1. Set Up Disney Plus Parental Controls Via “Kids Profiles”
To set up Disney Plus Parental Controls, the first step is to create and manage profiles for each family member. This will allow you to control the viewing options for each family member based on what you’re comfortable with them watching.
To create a new profile, go to the profile selection screen and select the option to add a profile. You’ll be able to choose a character icon for the profile and enter a name. Once you have completed these steps, click “Save.”
To edit existing profiles, go back to the profile selection screen and choose “Edit Profiles.” Here, you can change the profile icon, name, or even switch an existing profile to a child’s profile by selecting “Content Rating” under “Parental Controls” for the particular profile. Enter your password, choose the appropriate content rating, and save your changes.
Creating kids profiles is an effective way to ensure that your children have access to age-appropriate content on Disney Plus. When you add a kids profile, the content rating will be automatically set to a level suitable for children. However, you can still adjust the settings as needed during the edit profile process.
“A Kid’s profile will include television and cinema film titles with a rating suitable for all viewers. Due to differences in local ratings and cultural sensitivities, there may be some variations in the availability of specific titles when streaming from a Kid’s profile in different countries/regions.”—Disney
Keep in mind that there might be restrictions on profile creation, depending on your subscription plan and the number of profiles allowed. Make sure to double-check your plan to understand any limitations.
2. Set Up Disney Plus Parental Controls Via Content Ratings
If you want to show content that’s not appropriate for young kids, but might be for a teenager of 12-15, then setting up content ratings might be the best option for you.
“Users can set content ratings for each profile*. Once set, shows and movies rated higher than the profile’s content rating will not be shown while browsing or searching Disney+.”—Disney
When setting up Disney Plus parental controls, it is essential to choose appropriate content ratings for each profile. By doing so, we ensure that shows and movies rated higher than the selected content rating will not appear while browsing or searching Disney+ for that specific profile.
To adjust a profile’s content ratings:
- Navigate to your profiles and choose “Edit profiles.”
- Select the profile you’d like to modify.
- Under “Parental Controls,” click on “Content rating.”
- You will then need to enter your password to confirm the changes.
- Finally, select the content rating you’d like to set, and click “Save.”
It is important to note that content ratings are not supported for a Kid’s profile. These profiles are pre-set with age-appropriate content and do not require manual adjustments.
Content ratings on Disney+ cover a range of options suitable for different ages and sensitivities. Here are some common content ratings you might choose for your profiles:
- G: Suitable for all ages, with content that would not offend parents for viewing by children.
- PG: Some material may not be suitable for children. Parents are urged to give “parental guidance.”
- TV-Y: Suitable for young children, with content specifically designed for this age group.
- TV-G: Appropriate for all ages, with content that is generally suitable for families.
By carefully selecting the right content ratings for each profile, we can create a more enjoyable and safe environment for our family members while using Disney+.
3. Block Access to Inappropriate Profiles With PIN Settings
Setting up a Profile PIN on Disney Plus stops kids from simply selecting a profile without parental controls applied.
Here’s how to setup a pin for each profile:
- First, navigate to your profiles and select “Edit Profiles.”
- Choose the profile you want to manage and locate the “Profile PIN” option under Parental Controls.
- Click on it to proceed.
- You will be asked to enter your password, which is a necessary security measure to prevent unauthorized changes to your settings.
- Once you’ve entered your password and selected “Continue,” you can now enter a new PIN for your profile.
- Choose a 4-digit Personal Identification Number (PIN) that you can easily remember, but is not easily guessable by others.
- After entering the PIN, hit “Save” to apply the changes.
- Keep in mind that if you ever need to modify or remove your Profile PIN, you can follow the same process mentioned above.
Now that you have a PIN set up for your profile, it will be required to access any content on Disney Plus that is rated above the content rating you have set for that profile. This ensures that only those with the correct PIN can view restricted content, keeping your children safe from inappropriate material.
Remember, it’s essential to create distinct PINs for each profile on your Disney Plus account. This will help maintain a personalized level of content control and accessibility for all users. By consistently updating and managing your Profile PINs, you can ensure a safe and enjoyable Disney Plus experience for the entire family.
Related Read: How to Block Inappropriate Websites and Content
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I create a Kids Profile with parental controls on Disney Plus?
To create a Kids Profile with parental controls on Disney Plus, first log in to your account. Then, navigate to the profiles page and click on “Add Profile.” Choose an icon for the new profile and enter a name for it. Toggle the “Kids Profile” switch and click “Save.” Now, your kids will be able to use this profile to view child-appropriate content.
Is there 18+ content on Disney+ Plus?
No, there is no explicit 18+ content on Disney+ Plus. The platform is designed to cater to a family-friendly audience and primarily offers content from the Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, and National Geographic brands.
What steps do I need to take to set up a profile PIN on Disney Plus?
To set up a profile PIN on Disney Plus, go to your profiles and select “Edit Profiles.” Choose your profile and click on “Profile PIN” under Parental Controls. You’ll be prompted to enter your password and select “Continue.” From there, enter, change, or remove your PIN and select “Save” to set up the profile PIN.
How do I restrict content by age rating on Disney Plus?
To restrict content by age rating on Disney Plus, first navigate to “Edit Profiles” in your account. Then, select the profile you’d like to modify and click on “Content Rating” under Parental Controls. You can now choose the appropriate age rating for your chosen profile. The content on that profile will be restricted accordingly.
How can I modify existing Disney Plus parental controls?
To modify existing parental controls, simply follow the same steps as setting them up initially. Visit the “Edit Profiles” section, choose the profile you’d like to modify, and adjust your settings under “Parental Controls.” Don’t forget to save your changes once you’re done.
Is there a way to set time limits for viewing on Disney Plus?
Currently, Disney Plus does not offer a built-in feature to set time limits for viewing. However, you can set up device-based screen time limitations using mobile operating system settings like iOS’ “Screen Time” or Android’s “Digital Wellbeing.”
How do I manage parental controls using the Disney Plus mobile app?
Managing parental controls using the Disney Plus mobile app is simple. Log in to your account in the mobile app and navigate to the profiles section. From there, follow the same steps as you would on the web version of Disney Plus to create a Kids Profile, set up a profile PIN, and restrict content by age rating.
More Parental Control Resources
- How to Set Up iOS Parental Control (Apple)
- How to Set Up Android Parental Control
- How to Set Up Netflix Parental Control
- Is Discord Parental Control Possible?
- Is Snapchat Parental Control Possible?
- How to Set Up Hulu Parental Control
- What About TikTok Parental Control?
- How to Set Up Apple TV Parental Controls
- Are There Instagram Parental Controls?
- How to Set Up HBO Max Parental Control
- How to Set Up Peacock Parental Controls
- How to Set Up Amazon Prime Video Parental Control
- How to Set Up CBS All Access Parental Controls
- How to Set Up Windows 10 Parental Control
- How to Create a Gmail Account for a Child
- Parental Monitoring Apps: How Filtering Can Work for Your FamilyW